YAHUD, Israel – Nov. 21st, 2013 -- Magal Security Systems, Ltd. (NASDAQ GM: MAGS), together with Israel Defense Magazine, concluded a successful conference attended by 200 executives from the Israeli security industry. New technologies for the overlapping physical and cyber security markets were presented at the conference.
Keynote speakers included: Mr. Zori Kor, former head of Technology in the Israeli National Information Security Authority and Brigadier General (Ret.) Nitzan Nouriel, former head of the National Security Council & Counter Terrorism Agency in Israel.
Eitan Livneh, President and CEO of Magal, commented:”I am encouraged that so many security consultants, industry and cyber security experts have reacted positively to our presentation and are supporting and invigorating Magal’s new paradigm of consolidating cyber security with physical security for critical sites.”
Continued Mr. Livneh, “I want to thank Israel Defense Magazine, who organized the conference and gave us the opportunity to present CyberSeal, a company acquired by our company last year, which recently launched two suites of cyber security products. This event marks the initiation of our strategy for 2014, launching new products for securing wired networks, cellular communication, with a new generation of solid state smart fences as well as a new version of Fortis4G, which now unites the management of cyber and physical security.”
For more details – please visit the event page at: http://www.magal-s3.com/72966.html
More about the new presented products:
CyberSeal presented and demonstrated its new line of cyber products:
• Tungsten - a ruggedized Cyber Security Ethernet switch, embedded with cyber security software engine and optimized for outdoor security and SCADA networks.
• Cobalt – a one-way Ethernet/IP network gateway (Data Diode) that provides hermetic isolation between distinct networks.
• Yttrium and Vanadium - both belong to the IMSI catcher family and enable the monitoring of illegal RF activity near or within critical sites.
Magal also demonstrated a new line of sensors and systems for physical security of critical sites:
• RoboGuard - a revolutionary agile robot for perimeter protection, running along smart fences and capable of responding promptly to intrusion alerts. The autonomous robot, travels on a monorail and can support various payloads such as cameras, intercom, deterring spray gun, etc. RoboGuard is powered by batteries that are automatically recharged every few hours.
• DTR4G – a new generation of taut wire smart fence based on an innovative dual-technology sensor.
• Fensor - a solid state fence mounted sensor that replaces the electro-mechanical technology used by Magal in the past.
All the demonstrated systems and sensors at the exhibition were integrated through Magal’s flagship system for Command & Control - Fortis4G. A new version of the system was presented, capable of performing both - PSIM (Physical Security Information Management) alongside CSOC (Cyber Security Operation Center) for improved situation awareness and intuitive operation.