Magal was established in 1965 as a branch of the Israeli Aerospace Industry focused on developing smart fences for security; 15 years later Magal was floated and privatized and had its IPO on NASDAQ on 1993.
In 2013 Magal acquired CyberSeal, which became its cyber business arm, pioneering the concept of providing cyber security products for ICS (Industrial Control Systems).
Magal holds fifteen branches worldwide, with two of them serving as main operation centers; one of the sites owns the largest private test rangein the world for outdoor security technology.
Magal's unique business proposition
The core capability of Magal is PIDS technology (Perimeter Intrusion Detection System); Magal is the number one leader in this market. Yet, along the years, Magal transformed its business and is now focused on delivering full security solutions for critical sites. These include seaports, airports, Utilities, oil & gas facilities, industrial sites, prisons, etc.
Magal's flexible business model enables it to support all the various levels of the security supply chain:
- End users - by delivering turnkey solutions
- Tier 1 system integrators and contractors - by delivering the core security solution, complementing their project offering
- and the system integrators by supplying PIDS and cyber products to complement their solutions
Magal's In-house Capabilities
In order to support our flexible model we had to develop a wide range of internal competencies:
- In-house Software capability to develop our products and in order to be able to tailor solutions with fully integrated third party systems
- Project delivery capabilities - from concept, through design, integration, installation, commissioning and through life support
- Cyber knowhow - in house expertise to enable us to deliver products and full cyber security solutions to critical sites